The Saskatoon Land Incentive Program provides cash back and/or green incentives to purchasers of lots in neighbourhoods developed by Saskatoon Land. The program was created to assist builders and home purchasers in establishing strong street presence on their block and improving curb appeal of their newly built homes. The Incentive Program is also a part of Saskatoon Land’s commitment to building environmentally sustainable neighbourhoods and encouraging environmentally friendly household practices.
Financing **Limited Time Offer on 2017 Inventory**
Saskatoon Land is offering competitive financing options on 2017 inventory in Aspen Ridge, Evergreen, Hampton Village, Kensington, Parkridge and Rosewood. The temporary adjustment to the lot payment terms in Council Policy No. C09-006 includes:
- 0% interest for the first 8 months of the parcel being under an agreement for sale
- after 8 months, 5% interest rate with no additional deposit.
- after 12 months, a further payment of 5% on the purchase price is required to extend an additional 4 months.
- full payment of the lot is due in 16 months
Landscaping Incentive Rebate **Limited Time Offer on 2017 Inventory**
For both attached garage and detached garage lots, a maximum rebate of $2,000 is available for the early establishment of front yard landscaping on lots currently held in Saskatoon Land’s 2017 inventory in the Aspen Ridge, Evergreen, Hampton Village, Kensington, Parkridge and Rosewood neighbourhoods.
Landscaping Rebate Amounts ($)
- A maximum rebate of $2,000 is available for builders or individual lot purchasers for the completion of front yard landscaping within one year of the building permit issuance date.
- A maximum rebate of $1,000 is available for builders or individual lot purchasers for the completion of front yard landscaping within two years of the building permit issuance date.
- No rebate is available for front yard landscaping completed beyond two years of the building permit issuance date.
Landscaping Rebate Material Scope & Minimum
- The rebate material scope includes materials and services rendered for the installation of sod, artificial turf, topsoil, trees, shrubs, plant materials, hardscaped elements, irrigation components, and edging.
- To be eligible for this rebate, the following minimum standards apply:
a) Topsoil installed to a minimum depth of 4”
b) Sod (seeded lawns are not acceptable)
c) A minimum of one tree of a species suitable for Saskatoon’s climate and soil types must be planted in the front yard of the following minimum size:
- Deciduous trees must have a minimum 1 3/4” caliper measured 6” above ground; and
- Coniferous trees must be at a minimum 6’ in height.
Rebates for xeriscaped front yards will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of Saskatoon Land.
Community Tree Planting Program
Lot purchasers can request their preference of available tree species for the City-owned portion of their front and/or side yard. The yard must be up-to-grade before a tree request can be processed and the tree planting site must meet minimum spacing requirements and be cleared of all above and below ground utilities to be approved as a plant site. The homeowner is responsible for watering the new tree unless otherwise noted. Refer to the City of Saskatoon website at saskatoon.ca (services for residents/yard and garden/trees) for more information.
Rebate Terms and Conditions
- Applicant Eligibility
Landscaping rebate eligibility is open to builders or individuals who purchased the lot directly from Saskatoon Land.
Rebates are paid out once the lot has been paid in full.
- City Boulevards (Combined Walk & Curb)
To obtain the landscaping rebate for areas with combined walk and curb, the builders/homeowners are required to landscape up to the inside sidewalk edge.
- City Boulevards (Separate Walk & Curb)
To obtain the landscaping rebate for areas with separate walk and curb, proponents are required to landscape the space between the outer sidewalk edge and the curb-face, adjacent to the road top (boulevard).
- Front Yard Defined
With the exception of corner lots, the landscaping rebate is eligible to front yard landscaping work only. The front yard is defined as the area between the front building wall and inside sidewalk edge.
- Licensed Landscaping Contractor
The landscaping rebate is applicable to materials provided or services rendered by contractors holding a valid City of Saskatoon Business License, Contractor License or Non-resident Contractor License.
- Corner Lots
On corner lots, the landscaping rebate also applies to the side-yard which abuts the flanking street.
- Maximum Amounts
Notwithstanding the rebate schedule shown in Figure 1, in no case shall the rebate exceed the invoiced cost of the front yard landscaping work.
Front Driveway Incentive Rebate **Limited Time Offer on 2017 Inventory**
For attached garage lots, a maximum of $6,000 is available for the early completion of a hard surfaced front driveway on lots currently held in Saskatoon Land’s 2017 inventory in the Aspen Ridge, Evergreen, Hampton Village, Kensington, Parkridge and Rosewood neighbourhoods.
Driveway Rebate Amounts
- A maximum rebate of $6,000 is available for builder or individual lot purchasers for the completion of front driveway surfacing within one year of the building permit issuance date.
- A maximum rebate of $3,000 is available for builder or individual lot purchasers for the completion of front driveway surfacing within two years of the building permit issuance date.
Acceptable Driveway Types
- Rebate eligibility is generally limited to the following concrete driveway types: broom-finished, stamped and coloured, exposed aggregate and pavers.
- Rebate eligibility for driveway types not listed above will be at the discretion of Saskatoon Land.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicant Eligibility
Front driveway rebate eligibility is open to builders or individuals who purchased the lot directly from Saskatoon Land.
Rebates are paid out once the lot has been paid in full.
- Licensed Contractor
The front driveway rebate is applicable to materials provided or services rendered by contractors holding a valid City of Saskatoon Business License, Contractor License or Non-resident Contractor License.
- Rebate Scope
The front driveway rebate is eligible for the cost of the front driveway only. This rebate will not cover the cost for any portion of a retaining wall or walkway entrance.
- Front Driveway Defined
The front driveway is defined as the area between the front attached garage and the inside edge of the sidewalk.
- Lot Type Applicability
The front driveway rebate shall only apply to lots which require an attached garage. No rebate will be granted for the cost of constructing a garage pad for a detached garage.
- Corner Lots
Where an attached garage faces the side street and vertical curbing exists, the Transportation and Utilities Department (306-975-2460) must be contacted to determine the appropriate crossing allowances.
- Application and Inspection
No rebate shall be granted until approval of the attached application and inspection of the work is completed.
Evergreen & Kensington Environmental Incentives (For Home Owners)
Saskatoon Land is committed to building environmentally sustainable neighbourhoods and encourages environ-mentally friendly household practices by offering incentives to home builders and buyers purchasing lots from Saskatoon Land in Evergreen and Kensington.
- A $500 administrative cost rebate will be given for homes certified through the ENERGY STAR® for New Homes Initiative in Canada, the EnerGuide Rating System Initiative, or the LEED Canada for Homes program.
- A rainwater collection barrel will be offered with each lot sale as a way of supporting reduced potable water use.
- A composter will be offered with each lot sale in order to encourage sustainable organic waste practices.
- Two Saskatoon berry bushes (only available in Evergreen) will be provided per lot sale in order to promote xeriscaping practices.
These initiatives combined will reduce greenhouse gas emissions by between 750 to 1,000 metric tons per year with as few as 250 lot owners participating in the program.
Redemption of Environmental Incentives
Environmental incentive coupons are issued to eligible home owners through the Saskatoon Land office and are redeemable at participating retailers.
Show Home Rebate (For Home Builders)
To encourage and assist residential home builders in constructing and operating show homes on property which is available for sale through Saskatoon Land, a 10% discount off the purchase price of the lot is offered to eligible home builders after the show home has been in operation for a minimum of eight weeks. Builders must meet the following criteria. Show homes must be:
- Energy Star Qualified or LEED Canada for Homes Certified, R-2000 Certified or have a minimum EnerGuide Rating of 81.
- Open to the public for a minimum of 14 hours a week for a continuous eight-week period.
- Appropriately furnished and have a completed interior and exterior.
- Show homes opened between June 1 and September 30 must be grassed or turfed in the front yard.
- Cannot be occupied during the period when the incentives apply.
- A builder must purchase two other lots in the subdivision to be eligible for the first show home lot and a further two additional lots to be eligible for the second show home lot.
A contractor is eligible to designate a maximum of two show home lots in a given subdivision during a 12 month period. Financial assistance is available for only one show home at a time per subdivision. A builder must purchase two other lots in the subdivision to be eligible for the first show home lot and a further two additional lots to be eligible for the second show home lot. The show home must be in operation for a minimum of six weeks before Saskatoon Land will sell the contractor another show home lot in the same subdivision.
Home parades or other special types of show home promotions will be exempt from the two homes per year limit. These exemptions require approval of the Saskatoon Land Committee.
Redemption of Show home Rebates
Eligible builders must advise Saskatoon Land of the show home opening and closing dates.