2020-2021 Multi-Year Budget
To increase the accountability and transparency of our business plan and budget process and to adopt a longer-term view on financial planning, the City of Saskatoon is undertaking a new multi-year business plan and budget for the years 2020 and 2021. Through this new approach, City Council’s Strategic Plan and City Council’s 10 Strategic Priorities of Focus will continue to drive the business planning and budget process. Citizen input has always been an important part of our budget process, and this year the City will be offering even more ways to gather input.
A multi-year business plan and budget has many benefits, including:
- Better alignment of the City’s longer-term goals and objectives through longer-term funding plans.
- Improved financial stability, transparency and accountability over our investments and spending plan changes.
- More flexible allocation of our resources so we can accomplish more of our goals over time.
- Greater certainty for residents about the future direction of property taxes in Saskatoon, and satisfaction of getting a high value for tax dollars.
- Better alignment with funding from other orders of government, especially helpful in the planning of major infrastructure projects.
Visit saskatoon.ca/engage to see how you can participate over the summer and fall 2018 in the 2020 - 2021 Multi-Year Budget.