Parking Meter Technician
Parking Meter Technician Application Form
Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 5:00 pm
- Collects parking meter monies according to an established schedule.
- Sorts and packages coins by denomination using mechanical sorting and packaging equipment. Prepares bank deposit forms and records collection amounts.
- Checks daily complaints regarding faulty parking meters and report’s findings.
- Checks and maintains parking meters. Repairs or replaces faulty parking meters. Orders necessary parts and equipment, as required.
- Installs new parking meters.
- Hoods parking meters, as required.
- Operates, and ensures the proper maintenance of, a City vehicle.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- Two years' experience in the repair and maintenance of small mechanisms.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver's Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of the geographic area of the city where parking meters are located.
- Knowledge of the tools, parts, mechanisms, methods and materials used in servicing and repairing meters.
- Ability to diagnose common defects of parking meters and to detect, by inspection, any worn, broken or improperly adjusted parts and provide the necessary maintenance/repair as prescribed by the manufacturer.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties, and to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Skill in the use of a computer using the Microsoft Office Suite.
$22.26 to $24.55 per hour (2016 rates)
Requires Security Check:
Acceptable current Criminal Record Check (CRC) upon offer of employment.