Born and raised in Saskatoon, Ann was first elected to represent Ward 3 on Saskatoon’s City Council on October 19, 2011, and was re-elected in 2012 and 2016. Ward 3 represents the extreme west end of Saskatoon including Fairhaven, Parkridge, Blairmore, Pacific Heights, Kensington, and Confederation Park.
In addition to being an elected representative, Ann is also a negotiator, mediator, arbitration specialist, and facilitator with the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE). Her past experience includes 15 years as a City of Saskatoon employee, as well as experience with her family’s locally owned and operated downtown businesses.
Ann is a past volunteer with a number of organizations that support at-risk youth and was a member of the Father Vachon parent council while her daughter Jaclyn attended school there.
Ann and her husband Andy have a blended family of three daughters, their partners, and children.
City of Saskatoon Boards & Committees:
- Governance and Priorities Committee
- Standing Policy Committee on Finance, Chair
- Standing Policy Committee on Planning, Development & Community Services (PDCS), Vice-Chair
- Centennial Auditorium & Convention Centre (TCU Place) (until March 31, 2018)
- Naming Advisory Committee
- Sasktel Centre Board of Director (effective May 1, 2018)
- Personnel Subcommittee, Chair
Ann is leading Council’s strategic priority area of Core Services which involves continued improvement on the delivery of core public services to ensure maximum benefit to citizens. With aging infrastructure, changing technology and citizen expectations, the 2017 budget prioritized investment in building better roads, sidewalk rehabilitation, snow and ice service, new transit buses, and transit improvements, to name a few.
- Tourism Saskatoon
Past Board and Committee experience:
- SPC on Environment, Corporate Services and Utilities (past Chair)
- SPC on Transportation
- Advisory Committee on Traffic Safety
- Advisory Committee on Cultural Diversity and Race Relations
- Saskatoon and Region Economic Development Authority (SREDA)
- Saskatoon Airport Authority Community Consultative Committee/Customer Service Work Grp
- Saskatchewan Assessment Management Agency (SAMA)