Darren Hill was born in Saskatoon, raised in Sonningdale, Saskatchewan, and attended the University of Saskatchewan. A long-time resident of Ward 1, Darren has lived in Saskatoon for over 30 years in Sutherland, Mayfair, and North Park; he currently resides with his family in City Park.
Darren has played an active role on his local Community Association and community initiatives, including his family’s involvement in the Community Garden.
Darren is honoured to have held the position as Chief Executive Officer and President of Junior Achievement of Saskatchewan (JA), where he encouraged young minds to pursue interests in the areas of entrepreneurship and business, and develop life and leadership skills.
Darren brings over 20 years of experience as an entrepreneur, marketing manager, operations manager, and advertising executive in the tourism and communications sectors. Darren was responsible for local, national and international marketing campaigns, media buying, corporate communications and public relations.
Darren’s mandate is to have a responsive council - one committed to advancing Saskatoon as a leader in environmental initiatives, social programming, economic development, cultural relations, and responsible and safe policing.
Darren is leading Council’s strategic priority area of Economic Development to position Saskatoon to succeed in the 21st Century global economy. City Council will work with business organizations, the University, Indigenous and Immigrant Communities to further diversify by identifying strategic economic opportunities and fostering investment.
City of Saskatoon Boards and Committees:
- Standing Policy Committee on Planning Development & Community Services, Chair
- Standing Policy Committee on Environment, Utilities & Corporate Services
- Budget Committee
- Governance and Priorities Committee
- Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) National Board of Directors, Third Vice-President
- Standing Committee on Community Safety and Crime Prevention
- Standing Committee on Conference Planning, Chair
- Standing Committee on Increasing Women's Participation in Municipal Governance
- Standing Committee on Environmental Issues and Sustainable Development
- Standing Committee on International Relations
- National Task Force on Syrian Refugee Resettlement
- Prairies and Territories Caucus
- Federation Canadian Municipalities / Correctional Service Canada / Parole Board Canada / Public Safety Canada Joint Committee on Community Corrections
- Saskatchewan Urban Municipalities Association (SUMA) Board of Directors
- Standing Committee on Advocacy Initiatives Committee
- Standing Committee on Community and Economic Development
- Standing Committee on Resolutions
- Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority (SREDA)
- Pension Plans
Saskatoon Police Pension Plan Board of Trustees (New & Old)
- Past Board & Committees:
- 33rd Street Business Improvement District Board of Directors
- Aboriginal Financial Officers Association (AFOA) Board of Directors
- Affinity Credit Union - District Council
- Canadian Youth Business Foundation Review Committee
- Downtown Partnership Board of Directors
- Meewasin Valley Authority Board of Directors
- Saskatoon's Board of Police Commissioners
- SaskTel Centre Board of Directors
- Sutherland Business Improvement District Board of Directors
- Tourism Saskatoon