A total of $20,000 is allocated annually to local non-profit organizations implementing initiatives that support the City of Saskatoon’s strategic goal of Environmental Leadership. To be eligible for the grant, activities must relate to one of the following categories:
- protection of the environment;
- conservation of natural resources; and/or
- environmental communications, education and research.
- NEW for 2017 - $10,000 will be allocated specifically to projects that increase protection of our water resources.
2017 Grant Application - How to Apply
Application information for the 2017 Environmental Grant Program is now available - please see below. The application deadline for the 2017 Environmental Grant Program is February 15, 2017.
2016 Grant Recipients
Congratulations to the successful applicants of the 2016 Environmental Grant Program:
- Association des parents fransaskois inc. ($2,000): to develop indoor and outdoor gardening programs for preschoolers, to introduce the concepts of food growth and nutrition.
- Safe Drinking Water Foundation ($2,000): to provide Operation Water Drop, Operation Water Biology and Operation Water Pollution education kits to local schools.
- Wanuskewin Heritage Park Authority ($2,000): to deliver the Revitalizing Indigenous Agriculture program, to promote aspects of Indigenous food sovereignty and security.
- Wildlife Rehabilitation Society of Saskatchewan ($1,500): to present their annual Gone Wild for Wildlife event, focused on wildlife conservation and rehabilitation awareness.
- Native Plant Society of Saskatchewan ($1,250): to present NatureCity Festival 2016, designed to encourage the appreciation and value of wildlife and wild spaces.
- Saskatoon Food Bank and Learning Centre ($1,250): to deliver education workshops focused on at-home food production, food literacy and other sustainable living practices.