Growing a NatureCity – May 23, 2019
- Join the City at Kiwanis Memorial Park from 1-8pm to have your say in how to weave natural beauty into our community.
- Get a sneak peek of the proposed Vision for the Green Strategy and tell us what you think of our Emerging Priorities!
- Learn more about Saskatoon’s urban forest and services that the Urban Forestry Team provides.
- Receive a firsthand introduction to the City’s Natural Capital Asset Valuation initiative.
- To learn more about the NatureCity Festival, click here.
Indigenous Technical Advisory Group Meeting – May 2019
- The City is committed to building respectful relationships with Indigenous peoples and engaging in meaningful dialogue on decisions that may impact them. In support of this commitment, First Nations and Métis people with specialized knowledge, are being sought-after to join a new Technical Advisory Group. The first project that the group will review is the Green Strategy.
What does #yxeGreenStrategy mean to you?
Green Strategy Objectives and Actions Online Survey – June 2019
Stay tuned for details regarding 2019 engagement opportunities for the Green Strategy, Natural Area Standards and Urban Forest Management Plan.
Action Identification Survey – April 15, 2019
- In April 2019, the City of Saskatoon invited the city to participate in an online surveys to help identify and prioritize options or "actions" to address known vulnerabilities in the Green Network. These vulnerabilities were discussed in the Baseline Inventory Report as “Key Findings”. Actions could include include:
- New City lead initiatives;
- Policy updates; and
- Application of resources to outside agencies.
Shaping a Natural Community – February 6, 2019
- Students from the University of Saskatchewan will gather for a Green Strategy Workshop focused on sharing ideas and feedback to identify/select preferred actions in addressing vulnerabilities in Saskatoon’s green network. Registration for this workshop is closed.
- Results will be used to inform identification of options to address Green Strategy key findings.
Pop Up Events (February 2018 – November 2018)
Several Pop Up Events occurred in 2018 to seek feedback to inform decisions related to Green Strategy and Natural Area Standards. Pop Up Event details are provided in the December 2018 Update Report Attachment 7. Pop Up Event results will be shared in the “What We Heard in 2018” report which is currently under development.
Green Infrastructure Strategy Information Gathering Workshop – December 13, 2017
- Feedback from this workshop was used to inform the Green Infrastructure Strategy Baseline Inventory Report.
Green Strategy Workshop 2: Natural Area Standards and Urban Forest Management Plan – October 29, 2018
- Workshop details are provided in the December 2018 Update Report – Attachment 7 and results will be shared in the “What We Heard in 2018” report which is currently under development.
- Upload your photos and show us what you love about Saskatoon's natural areas this winter.
- Results will be used to inform applicable decisions for the Natural Area Standards, Urban Forest Management Plan and Green Strategy.