This posting has closed.
Supervisor VI (Utility Customer Service) (Internal)
Department or Division: Water & Waste Operations
Term: Permanent full-time
- Supervises, trains, directs and evaluates utility staff engaged in solid waste operations.
- Ensures work activities are performed in accordance with corporate safety policies, legislated regulations, approved standards, specifications, guidelines and methods.
- Inspects residential, commercial, industrial and institutional waste management practices.
- Performs duties related to solid waste operations, including responding to and documenting complaints and assisting with routing, as required.
- Maintains and verifies the data in Work Request Registry databases.
- Issues notices in response to field inspections, investigations and complaints.
- Coordinates and supervises staff assigned to special projects, including conversion of residential waste containers, reuse and recycling of broken waste containers and pilot waste and recycling programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- Five years’ experience in solid waste management operations including three years in a supervisory capacity.
- Successful completion of, or the ability to successfully complete, recognized supervisory courses.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of the City’s safety policies and procedures related to the solid waste management.
- Knowledge of the application of City policies and the Waste Bylaw.
- Ability to supervise, train, direct and evaluate staff.
- Ability to read City maps and blueprints.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain accurate and current records.
- Ability to make decisions related to the bylaws and policies.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Skill in the use of a computer with word-processing and spreadsheet software.
Salary: $33.89 per hour (2018 Rates)
Closing Date: Thursday, December 12, 2019 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 859