This posting has closed.
Department or Division: Finance
Term: Permanent full-time
- Provides statistical and financial information to management and provides assistance in the interpretation of relevant information for operational decision making.
- Performs audits of park maintenance to determine and optimize tasks and routines. Assists with the establishment of baseline timeframes for use with the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Provides and maintains the database for on-site audits of the physical condition of parks and the development of qualitative and quantitative maintenance standards.
- Ensures data is collected, retained and entered into the correct application and provides comparative analysis of financial information for budget control.
- Trains staff in the operation of related software and associated duties.
- Conducts research and provides reports and recommendations regarding the development of schedules, routines and methods for more efficient parks maintenance and operations.
- Assists with the preparation of capital and operating budgets, provides analysis of actual results in comparison to budget and provides annual comparative cost information as required.
- Maintains and enhances the park inventory system and other related infrastructure.
- Develops cost analysis spreadsheets for future capital projects.
- Maintains financial monitoring and control of contracts, ensuring compliance with invoicing requirements have been met and appropriate payment authorization has been received. Process payments and reconcile the final contract price with the payments made.
- Administers revenue and ensures all data is entered and properly recoded in the GL through monthly and annual reconciliations. Ensures all data is updated and properly maintained. Assists in the internal Audits of the revenue process as well as the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Supports and promotes a safe and positive workplace culture through a variety of initiatives and activities.
- Supports and promotes the health and safety of employees in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Acts & Regulations in addition to the City of Saskatoon’s Administrative Occupational Health & Safety Policies and departmental procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in commerce with a major in accounting, or related field.
- Three years’ experience in collecting, analyzing and reporting on statistical, financial and accounting information in an operational environment.
- Possession of a valid Class 5 Saskatchewan Driver’s Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Considerable knowledge of cost accounting and budgeting procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of statistical analysis and operations research.
- Ability to analyze business and technical requirements, processes and data, identify gaps and provide creative solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, including the preparation and presentation of complex reports.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
Salary: $5,602.42 to $6,176.72 per month (2018 Rates)
Closing Date: Friday, December 13, 2019 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 59