This posting has closed.
Accounting Clerk 12
Department or Division: Corporate Revenue
Term: Temporary full-time for approximately twelve months
- Prepares the daily balancing for division financial systems and communicates any discrepancies with other divisions and departments.
- Monitors and verifies utility and property tax direct debit payments batches and communicates with customers and banking institutions as required.
- Prepares all bank transactions for the Corporation (i.e. wire payments, transfers, stop payments, etc.).
- Prepares entries to the revenue collections system to correct point-of-sales batches, processes and reconciles returned Items, and prepares customer refund cheques as required.
- Processes various assessment and tax transactions in division business systems.
- Monitors and verifies the accuracy and integrity of the data entered into the Assessment appraisal system.
- Reviews, prepares and enters department journal entries into the corporate General Ledger System.
- Completes complex bank and various general ledger account reconciliations, including investigating and clearing outstanding and unusual items.
- Prepares, processes, reconciles and maintains payroll records and files, and responds to payroll-related enquiries for assigned work groups.
- Assists with the review, development, and implementation of controls, procedures and forms.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- Successful completion of a recognized one year post-secondary business related program, plus or including:
Introductory Accounting 1
Introductory Accounting 2
Intermediate Accounting 1
Intermediate Accounting 2
Management Accounting 1
Management Accounting 2
- Five years' related office experience.
- Considerable knowledge of audit standards and practices.
- Knowledge of the City’s utility billing, assessment and taxation processes and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret, and make decisions in accordance with, established policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain moderately complex accounting records and prepare account reconciliations and reports.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to operate word-processing, spreadsheet and database software
Salary: $4,805.48 to $5,298.04 per month (2018 Rates)
Closing Date: Friday, December 13, 2019 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 59