This posting has closed.
Programmer Analyst (Network)
Department or Division: Information Technology
Term: Temporary full-time for approximately one year
- Prepares proposals and recommendations for management action.
- Supports and implements network based systems within the Corporation.
- Install, upgrade and maintain network equipment and network support tools.
- Prepares and modifies system and operating documentation, network diagrams and knowledge articles according to corporate standards.
- Responds to, and resolves, system and production failures, as required.
- Performs project roles as assigned.
- Maintains current knowledge of IT trends, procedures and standards.
- Provides training, advice and guidance to staff, as required.
- Assists with the development of Corporate IT policies, procedures and standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in computer science plus four years' progressively responsible experience in Information Technology.
Successful completion of a recognized, two-year, post-secondary computer technology course plus six years' progressively responsible experience in network Technology.
- Possession of a CCNA certification is required.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver's Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record
- Skill using network support and maintenance tools.
- Skill in supporting Cisco network equipment including switches and routers.
- Considerable knowledge and skill in the network technologies, protocols and architecture.
- Knowledge and skill using project management tools and techniques, and the ability to participate in all project roles.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, including preparing and conducting presentations.
- Demonstrated customer services skills, including the ability to deal effectively and tactfully with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skill in the use and support of Cisco management tools.
- Demonstrated skill in critical thinking and problem-solving.
Salary: $6,167.06 to $6,459.32 per month
Closing Date: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 59