This posting has closed.
Department or Division: Recreation & Community Development
Term: Two to four casual positions available
- Processes general admission, LeisureCard sales, program registration, activity space rental payment, locker revenue collection, parking permits, city cards etc., using a programmed cash register, and receives customers entering leisure facilities.
- Provides program and service information including schedules, program description, policy explanation, and facility rental information.
- Responds to related complaints and enquiries in accordance with established policy and procedure.
- Prepares shift revenue balancing report, balances transactions to report, balances cash float, and prepares a bank deposit.
- Processes program registration applications, class transfers and withdrawals according to Department policy. Forwards refund requests to supervisor for approval and processing. Prints class lists, as required.
- Processes booking requests for designated spaces for short-term use, e.g. rooms for meetings, informs the Clerk 10 of any rental requirements, and forwards all other rental/event requests to the supervisor. Initiates customer birthday party requests and forwards to supervisor for processing.
- Enters admission pass usage information and revenue summaries into computer databases.
- Performs general office functions such as filing and word processing, as required.
- Assists supervisory staff in providing shift orientation for new staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- One year related cash-handling experience in a customer service environment.
- Knowledge of accepted procedures for handling cash, balancing transactions, and completing revenue (cash) collection reports.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to interact with customers and remain calm when dealing with customers during high volume periods.
- Ability to provide responsive customer service, and convey confidence and competence.
- Ability to maintain records and to make accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships.
- Skill in the operation of office equipment and automated systems, including a programmed cash register.
Salary: $18.16 to $20.02 per hour (2016 rates)
Closing Date: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 59