This posting has closed.
Department or Division: Finance
Term: Temporary full-time for approximately 18 months
- Assists with the planning, development and implementation of the Municipal Solid Waste Optimization project including compiling and preparing data for use in new software systems.
- Provides and maintains databases for waste management inventory, properties, performance metrics, financial metrics and other data, including compiling and preparing historical data, developing management reports, and completing monthly, quarterly, and annual contract audits.
- Provides support for recycling and future waste utilities, including determining program eligibility (single family, multi-unit, or commercial), customer support, and investigation of billing inquiries using existing policy.
- Working with Environmental Protection Officers on Waste Bylaw interpretation and implementation.
- Advise future policy and program changes to help develop future eligibility guidelines for various property types.
- Ensures new systems and management reports meet the objectives identified as industry best practices through benchmarking and audits.
- Ensures compatibility between new Waste Stream Management systems and the general ledger for accounting and reporting.
- Assists with the preparation of capital and operating budgets for the Waste Stream Management Section by collecting and verifying turnaround documents, researching year to year comparative cost information and analysing accounting data.
- Trains staff in the operation of related software and management reports.
- Analyses data, identifies underlying issues/problems and recommends required changes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Graduation from a recognized, two-year, post-secondary business administration program, including courses in quantitative analysis and finance.
- Four years' related experience in accounting, finance or asset management. Experience in the development and implementation of management reporting systems would be an asset.
- Considerable knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Access.
- Knowledge of cost accounting and budgeting procedures.
- Knowledge of SQL, CIS, and the Elemos Software system
- Customer service experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
Salary: $4,710.92 to $5,193.78 per month (2016 rates)
Closing Date: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 59