This posting has closed.
Operations Superintendent – Electronics Shop
Department or Division: Transportation
Term: Permanent full-time
- Plans, schedules, supervises and evaluates staff assigned to the operation of the City’s Electronics Shop.
- Manages assigned staff; assigns work schedules, assesses staffing needs, identifies and pursues other resources if necessary. Conducts performance management and assists with disciplinary action as required.
- Ensures that work performed meets documented level of service standards, operational procedures, and occupational health and safety procedures.
- Assists with the development of operational policies.
- Assists with the developing and implementing quality assurance and quality control practices.
- Acts as a Section liaison with various internal and external groups to coordinate construction work and other Shop activities.
- Assists with the preparation of the yearly operating budgets and ensures that programs are delivered within budget. Prepares regular status reports.
- Assists with contract preparation and material requisitioning.
- Identifies training requirements and assists with the training, coaching and development of assigned staff.
- Prepares written reports concerning policy, procedure, staffing, equipment and materials used in the Electronics Shop. Compiles policy, procedure and quality standards manuals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Graduation from a recognized, two-year, post-secondary program in a related discipline.
- Four to six years’ progressively responsible supervisory work in a municipal environment.
- Considerable knowledge of the Corporate safety policy, collective agreement, letters of understanding, Provincial Occupational Health and Safety regulations, applicable bylaws, standards and specifications, regulations and annual budget process pertaining to the work.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, contractors and civic employees.
- Ability to identify, analyse and resolve operational problems creatively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to implement policy and procedural changes within a large work group.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Skill in the operation of a computer with word-processing, spreadsheet and database software.
Salary: $6,560.44 to $7,724.98 per month (2016 rates)
Closing Date: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: SCMMA 222