This posting has closed.
Building & Grounds Maintenance Labourer (Internal)
Department or Division: Roadways & Operations
Term: Permanent full-time
- Assists Journeyman Carpenters with the construction, maintenance and repairs of buildings, structures, fixtures, furniture and other related wooden articles.
- Conducts routine scheduled maintenance inspections of the Yard buildings and associated facilities.
- Performs routine maintenance on overhead doors, heaters, lighting plumbing and electrical systems.
- Repairs crew trailers in the field, as required.
- Performs repairs to chain link and wooden perimeter fencing.
- Performs small repairs using a variety of specialized power tools.
- Assists with maintaining the shop and work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Performs the duties of the Wash Bay Attendant and the Equipment Operator I (Litter Truck), as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- Three years’ related carpentry experience in building and facility maintenance.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract, from SGI, demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Possession of a valid first aid certificate.
- Knowledge of related building trades, e.g. electrical, plumbing and heating.
- Demonstrated ability to use hand tools and carpenter’s shop equipment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and perform work in an expedient manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Physical ability to perform the assigned tasks, including in extreme weather conditions, on ladders and scaffolds and in excavations.
Salary: $24.40 to $26.23 per hour (2017 rates)
Closing Date: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 859