Bike to Work Day YXE
Choose active transportation during Bike to Work Day YXE: May 15, 2019 and enjoy grab-and-go refreshments at Commuter Stations. Check out the map below for the 2019 Commuter Station Locations and to map your ride!
Map My Ride
Choose active transportation during Bike to Work Day YXE on May 15!
We will continue to update the map below as each Commuter Station is confirmed. Please check back to see the stops you can visit between 7:00 - 9:00 a.m. on your ride. Free grab-and-go refreshments and cycling information will be provided at each station. Make sure to BYOM (Bring Your Own Mug) for beverages.
The mission of Bike to Work Day YXE is to attract new cyclists to commuting while celebrating the efforts of those who already use their bikes to get to and from work and other commitments.
If you don’t want to bike the whole way, take the bus! All Saskatoon Transit buses are equipped with bike racks.
What to Expect
Commuter Stations will be set up at various locations around the city from 7:00 - 9:00 a.m. on Bike to Work Day YXE on Wednesday, May 15, 2019. Stations are hosted by participating local businesses and organizations, and the public can enjoy grab-and-go refreshments, information, and some fun on their way to work. Check out the Map My Ride tab for an update list of stations and plan your route to stop by one or more of them.
Why Bike to Work?
Cycling is a healthy, convenient, and low-cost form of everyday transportation that improves our community by decreasing traffic congestion and reducing air pollution. We hope this event inspires more people to think of cycling as a regular means of transportation and to experience the benefits of arriving at work feeling refreshed, energized and alert.
If you're a commuter, choose to bike to work on May 15, 2019 and check out the Map Your Ride tab to plan your route. To celebrate Bike to Work Day YXE, we encourage you to stop by one or more of the stations between 7:00 - 9:00 a.m. to have some fun and enjoy some grab-and-go refreshments provided by the station hosts.
Host a Commuter Station
If your organization is interested in hosting a morning Commuter Station during Bike to Work Day YXE please contact Jakob Martens at firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-652-1400 and review the Bike to Work Station Guide as well as the commitments and responsibilities listed below.
Commitments & Responsibilities
Hosts have several commitments and responsibilities:
- Ensure the Commuter Station is available to the public between 7:00 - 9:00 a.m. during Bike to Work Day YXE on May 15, 2019;
- Organize grab-and-go refreshments to be made available free to the public during this time;
- Organize volunteers to greet cyclists, help distribute refreshments, take photos, and collect signatures/count participants;
- Secure a table for refreshments and to display print materials provided by the organizing committee;
- Ensure a first aid kit, trash cans and recycling bins are available; and
- Clean up station location after event.
Bridge City Bicycle Co-op
The Bridge City Bicycle Co-op provides a space and tools for its members to learn how to fix and maintain their own bikes.
Saskatoon Cycles advocates for a city in which cycling is a viable, year-round mode of transportation that is safe and convenient for ages 8 to 88. Recent Saskatoon Cycles projects include:
- Better Bike Lanes - Working towards the goal of having separated bike lanes in downtown Saskatoon; and
- Light Up Your Life - A campaign that aims to educate local cyclist about safe riding and the bylaw that requires cyclists to have a front light and rear reflector/light.
City of Saskatoon
Cycling guides, placing your bike on a city bus, bylaws and more.
Saskatoon Bike Shops in Saskatoon
Buy a new bicycle or get your bicycle tuned up by an expert mechanic: