Right of Way Permit
ROW - the legal right, established by usage or grant, to pass along a specific route through grounds or property belonging to another.
Any private use of the public Right of Way requires a permit.
You can apply for a yearly permit ($150) or an single use permit ($40)
If the permit requirements are not adhered to the City can remove anything deemed hazardous from the Right of Way and recover the costs from offending parties. Bylaw 7200 enables bylaw officer and police to enforce and issue fines for non-compliance
What you can expect from us
How you can help us
You can save time and apply for a curb, sidewalk and right-of-way crossing permits online .(form below). As payment cant be made over the website permit payments can be made by calling 306-975-2454.
For more information please use the Contact Us section found on this page.
What Right of Way permits cover?
- Placing disposal bins on streets,
- Placing storage containers on streets,
- Parking trailers unattached at job sites (not valid at or near your home/business address),
- Parking construction vehicles (Commercially licensed) in parking permit areas with restricted 1 or 2 hour parking zones (ex. Varsity View),
- Placing building or landscaping materials on streets,
- Closing sidewalk, traffic lanes, parking lanes, etc.,
- Parking Moving Vehicles,