You are here

Contest a Ticket

Wait!  Before you contest…

All parking tickets go through a post-processing review system where tickets that have been issued in obvious error are cancelled before they are entered into the City’s parking ticket system.  While you may have received a paper ticket, it is possible it was cancelled during post-processing.  Please wait 2 business days and check if your ticket still holds by searching for your ticket number.  

There are many legitimate reasons your ticket may not be deserved; however, the arguments below will likely not be considered legitimate.  

You entered your license plate number incorrectly.

We understand that the new FlexParking system takes some getting used to, and we do try to be flexible when mistakes are made here and there.  That said, it is your responsibility to enter the correct information when paying at a FlexParking station.  Repeated errors cannot be excused.

You forgot to pay for parking, or didn't know you had to pay.

Metered parking has been in Saskatoon for a long time and is standard in every major city.  It is your responsibility as a driver to pay attention to signs and comply with all aspects of the Traffic Bylaw, including paying for parking when required.    

You forgot your parking permit at home or in another vehicle.

If you are issued a permit for parking in Saskatoon, e.g. a Residential Parking permit or a Saskatchewan Abilities Council placard, it is your responsibility to display that permit at all times while in use.  Forgetting your permit at home or failing to display it properly is not an acceptable excuse.  

If you still want to contest your ticket

Visit or call City Hall at 306-975-2400 or 1-800-667-9944 to request a review of your ticket.

  1. A representative will collect your information and details about the ticket, and will forward the request to the Parking Enforcement Coordinator.
  2. The Parking Enforcement Coordinator will review your request alongside FlexParking payment and enforcement records for the date and time your ticket was issued.  
    1. If evidence shows that you were in compliance with the Traffic Bylaw, your ticket will be canceled and you will be notified.
    2. If not, you will be notified that your ticket still holds.

You have the option to contest your ticket in court if you are unsatisfied with the review decision.  A summons notice will be mailed to you, indicating your scheduled court date. 

If you cannot make the court date indicated on your summons notice, call City Hall to request a change of date.