Building, Renovations & Permits
COVID-19 Response: Building Standards
Update - March 23, 2020
The decision to close City Hall to the public has a direct effect on the way we do business, including building inspections and permits.
- Building Permit Inspections are continuing with the use of FaceTime and Skype video calls to complete inspections.
- Plumbing Permit Inspections are continuing with the use of FaceTime and Skype video calls to see visual plumbing systems.
- Residential Permit Applications are limited to online submission. Submit a Residential Permit.
- Commercial Permit Applications and Submission Packages are accepted by email to email@example.com
- If your plan is more than 25MB, it may be too large to submit via email. In this case, please separate your application documents/plans into more than one email. Include the construction address and how many emails you will be submitting in the subject line. Example: 123 Main Street, Email 1 of 2
- PID Applications accepted via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plumbing Permit Applications accepted via email@example.com
- Payments will be accepted via telephone at 306.975.2645
- All permit applications and approved permit packages will continue to remain active. No permit applications or approved permit applications will be cancelled during this pandemic.
Questions? Reach out to our permit file support team by calling 306.975.2645, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Visit saskatoon.ca/covid-19 for the latest information.
Learn more about submittal requirements, forms, and fees for building, plumbing, and demolition permits. Did you know you can now submit your Residential Type A building and development permit application online? Click on the button below to create your account and submit your application.
Did you know you can now book your inspection and view your inspection reports online? Learn more about booking your inspection, site security, and preparing for your building inspection.
Change or register a new address. Get historical information about your property. Find building records and blueprints, and current reports on building permits.
Know what permits you need? Go straight to our list of PDF forms. Or browse the list to make sure you have everything you need for your current project.
Here are recent updates to Building Standards requirements.
The new Building Bylaw No. 9455 is one of the pieces of legislation that regulates building construction in Saskatoon. This bylaw provides transparency around application requirements and permitting conditions.
Find out if energy compliance applies to your project, and what documents you will need when applying for a building and development permit.