You are here

Demolition Permits


Demolishing a building? You must complete a Request for Demolition for the demolition of any residential or commercial building—from residential garages to large commercial buildings.

How to Apply for a Demolition Permit

To apply for a permit to demolish a building or structure:

  1. Complete the Demolition Building and Development Application which are pages 1 and 4 of the new Building and Development Application Package.
  2. Submit all information listed on the Demolition Building and Development Application form.
  3. Submit the application and supporting materials to Building Standards, 222-3rd Avenue North, Saskatoon, SK S7K 0J5

Please review your responsibilities regarding Demolition Waste.

It is the responsibility of the permit holder to protect city property and landscape features, including trees. Please review the Damage to City Infrastructure and Tree Protection Fact Sheet to better understand your responsibilities. 

Please note, more requirements are involved for building moves within the city or moving a building outside city limits.