You are here

Building & Property Information

Building and Property Information

Property Information Disclosures

A Property Information Disclosure (PID) report contains historical property information pertaining to civic addresses in Saskatoon. Anyone can apply and receive a PID report for a fee. Fees are charged per civic address searched. A PID is commonly requested by realtors, homeowners, purchasers, or lawyers during a purchase or sale of a property. A PID report provides information relating to:

  • Building and plumbing permit history 
  • Occupancy permits for existing suites in one-unit dwellings
  • Outstanding deficiencies or orders related to building and plumbing permits
  • Outstanding fire orders
  • Heritage and zoning designations

How to Apply

  1. Complete the Property Information Disclosure application. 
  2. Submit completed application with payment to Building Standards. 

If an update to the report is required a new PID request must be submitted and the fee paid. 


  • Payment can be made in-person at the Building Standards desk at time of application submission. 
  • Anyone requiring PID reports on an ongoing basis may set up a PID billing account through City of Saskatoon Corporate Revenue at (306) 975-2875. 

 What you can expect from us?

  • Average turnaround time to complete a PID report is three business days. Multiple-unit dwellings or complex requests, such as a strip mall may take longer.
  • Building Standards will not share PID results with anyone except the original applicant indicated on the PID application.

 How you can help us?

  • Apply early.
  • Double check to ensure application details are correct, including the billing account number.

Statistical Information 
Monthly Building Permit Reports - 2017
  • September
  • October
  • November
  • August
  • December

Monthly Building Permit Reports - 2016

Monthly Building Permit Reports - 2015

Monthly Building Permit Reports - 2014

If you don't see what you need, you may submit the Statistical Information Request Form to Building Standards for additional statistical reports.

Building Plans at City Hall 

Building plans for most structures in Saskatoon are available to be viewed by property owners and those with permission. Building Standards does not interpret the drawings for customers. We recommend you consult a design professional or a person knowledgeable in the National Building Code for building specific questions, such as structural design, occupancy classification, exiting design, etc. 

Building plan drawings can be viewed and printed at Building Standards, 3rd Floor - South Wing, City Hall. Regular office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Blueprints are available for viewing on a computer terminal. Customers may choose to have drawings printed on ledger size paper. The cost for printing is $2.50 per page plus applicable taxes. Cash, Cheque, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Interac are accepted. 

 How can you help us?

Frequently Asked Questions 

Address Changes

Address changes occur for a variety of reasons. Most common requests are owner initiated. The City of Saskatoon may also impose an address change due to an irregularity in the current addressing system, conflicting address, or a street name change.

Who can request a change of address?

Property owners and developers may request a change of address. The City of Saskatoon may initiate or impose a change of address.

Filing a Property Owner Application for a Civic Address Change

In order to file an application for a Civic Address Change, a property owner may:

By mail:

  1. Complete the request for change of address application form. (NOTE: There must be a separate application for each individual property and/or unit).
  2. Include a cheque or money order for the $20.00 application fee, payable to the City of Saskatoon.
  3. Submit application, application fee and any appropriate supporting materials to Building Standards, 222-3rd Avenue North, Saskatoon, SK S7K 0J5.

In person:

  1. Complete the request for change of address application form. (NOTE: There must be a separate application for each individual property and/or unit).
  2. Submit the application form and $20.00 application fee at Building Standards on the 3rd Floor of City Hall at 222-3rd Avenue North, Saskatoon.

Once an application form and payment is received, Building Standards staff will:

  • Send letters to all civic departments and utility companies advising them of the change and the effective date;
  • In the letter to the owner, advise them of the bylaw requirements for numbering of buildings and note that all correspondence and records must be adjusted.

Request For Change Of Address Initiated By The City

In the case of the City initiating a change of address, the following steps will be followed.

  1. Building Standards would send a registered letter to the owner of the property advising that an address change is necessary and co-ordinate with the owner the details of the change. (i.e., effective date, owners and City's responsibilities, etc.) In this letter, the City would also advise of bylaw requirements and reasons the change is necessary.
  2. Building Standards would also send letters to all civic departments and utility companies advising them of the change and the effective date.

NOTE: The fee associated with an address change is not applicable in this case.