Four Recycle Depots are available for free to residents of Saskatoon:
- Lawson Heights – Primrose Drive by the Lawson Civic Centre
- University Heights – Lowe Road
- Lakewood – McKercher Drive by the Civic Centre
- Meadowgreen – corner of 22nd Street West and Witney Avenue
Enter an address on our Saskatoon Services and Schedules map for the nearest Recycle Depot.
The same clean, unsorted materials are accepted at the depots as in your blue carts or bins at home. These bins are collected regularly and the materials are all taken to Cosmopolitan Industries for recycling.
Your clean recyclable material can be tossed loosely into the recycle bin (no bagging except as noted below). Remove caps from milk jugs and beverage containers, give them a quick rinse, flatten them, and they'll be ready to recycle.
Recycling Depots Accept:
- all paper, cardboard (flattened), and bagged shredded paper
- plastics (look for symbol with number 1 – 7)
- tin cans
- milk jugs and cartons
- beverage containers
- glass bottles and jars
- bagged plastic bags
Put waste in the right place!
- Hazardous materials, such as needles and propane tanks are accepted NOT in the recycling bins. They pose a danger to staff and can impact the efficiency of the recycling process.
- Electronics or Paint are NOT accepted in the recycling bins. Most of these items can be taken to SARCAN.