Saskatoon Curbside Swap
Missed the annual city-wide Curbside Swap? Create your own!
List your own event or partake in events created around the city to refresh your space—all while making room at the landfill. #yxeCurbsideSwap
Have clean, usable stuff to give away? Want free stuff?
Reduce the amount of garbage ending up in the landfill by giving away your stuff to someone or finding free stuff of your own. At a Curbside Swap, you place your unwanted items in good condition on your property (next to the sidewalk or curb) and mark them as free for anyone to pick up or go out on a treasure hunt of your own to find what your neighbors are giving away for free.
Let’s redefine “what’s old is new” Saskatoon!
Plan a curbside swap this summer or join the annual city-wide curbside event on September 07, 2019.
Anyone can plan a Curbside Swap just by putting out swappable item and placing a "free" sign. Consider getting together with neighbours or contact your Community Association to plan a Swap for your whole neighbourhood. You can promote your event online using the NEW Listing Tool or by using the Curbside Swap Facebook Event Page on the City's Facebook Page . View the Curbside Swap Host Manual for more information.
What you can expect from us
- Provide online tools so you can share your event details with friends and connect with other treasure hunters by listing your curbside swap on our website.
- View curbside swap listings posted by other curbside swap organizers on our website.
How you can help us
- Mark all your items free that you wish to give away.
- Do not put out items with potential safety hazards, for example weapons, chemicals, mattress infested with bedbugs, broken furniture or expired child car seats.
- Do not block traffic, sidewalks or place items on road.
- Do not trespass on other people’s property, block other people’s driveway or park illegally.
- Be in compliance with the Temporary Sign Bylaw No. 7491.
- Return unclaimed items into your homes by 6:00 p.m.
Downloadable and customizable materials
These material may help you promote your event:
- Kitchen utensils
- Building material
- Computers and electronics
- Yard and garden equipment
- Usable paint
- Sporting goods
- Musical instruments
- Plants, potted trees, etc.
- Other durable goods
- Garbage or recyclables
- Chemicals of any kind
- Weapons of any kind
- Food items
- Dangerous/illegal items
- Car/booster seats
- Baby gates and walkers
For more information on unacceptable items, visit the Consumer Products Safety Bureau website.
- Donate them to a charity.
- Give them to a local thrift store.
- Post them on a free classifieds website, such as Kijiji.
- Visit the Waste Wizard to find out where to take your unwanted items in Saskatoon.
Reporting unclaimed items left out?
To report items left in a resident's yard after a Curbside Swap, call the Safety and Property Maintenance Hotline at 306-975-2828.