Write a Letter to Council/Committees
You can write to City Council or to one of its committees submitting comments and/or request to speak to using the form below. Once received, your letter will be reviewed by the City Clerk and will be forwarded to the appropriate body.
Letters relating to new issues:
Letters and requests to speak on new issues are dealt with by either the Administration or the appropriate Council committee. In order to be included on a committee agenda, the letter must be received no later than 12:00 p.m. on the Tuesday of the week preceding the meeting.
Letters relating to existing agenda items:
Letters or requests to speak relating to matters that are already on the Council or Committee agenda must be received as follows:
- City Council: 10:00 a.m. on the day of the meeting
- Council Committee: Received online by 8:00 a.m. on the day of the meeting, or delivered in writing no later than 5:00 p.m. of the previous business day preceding the meeting
- Letters should be concise and clear.
- Letters containing fictitious names or addresses, or which are abusive in nature, will be filed appropriately by the City Clerk.
- Letters which do not meet the conditions of acceptance set out under the Procedures and Committees Bylaw will be filed appropriately by the City Clerk.
- Any written or verbal submissions (including your name but excluding personal contact information) will form part of the public record and be made available to City Council and the public. Your name and letter may also be posted to the City of Saskatoon website. If you require additional information, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 306-975-3240.