Outdoor Special Events & Festivals
Outdoor Special Event Applications
As of March 26, City Administration will not be approving any outdoor special events scheduled between Friday March 27, 2020 and Sunday May 31, 2020.
Special events add cultural value to the City of Saskatoon and create opportunities where communities and neighbourhoods can come together and celebrate!
A special event is any outdoor event held on City owned land that is open to the public. Whether it is a road race, a community day in the park, or a large festival, special events bring people together in meaningful and memory making ways!
How you can help us
- The first step in hosting a Special Event in a City-owned park space, pathway, or roadway, is to submit an Outdoor Special Event Application Form with all require documents.
- Ensure the Outdoor Special Event Application Form is complete as incomplete application will not be reviewed (applicant will be notified).
- Submit your application on time. Deadline for applications is January 1 of the year of your event.
Applications received after the deadline will be considered in the order they are received pending venue availability, and must be received a minimum of 90 days prior to the event date.
What you can expect from us
- Once your application is received, a response will be sent within 10 business days of the submission date.
- Use the Outdoor Special Event Information Guide to assist with your event planning.
- Applications received less than 90 days in advance of a Special Event may not be approved.
Depending on size, scope and event history, applicants may be contacted to meet with the Special Event Interdepartmental Committee to provide additional information or provide clarification regarding the application.
Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions regarding events.
Having fireworks or a beer gardens? Make sure to fill out all necessary forms and permits relating to your event.
See what services the City of Saskatoon can offer to assist your event and the fees that are associated with them.
From applications to permits, find out if you are on track with your event requirement submissions.